Thursday, November 12, 2009

Morning Maths


I want to thank you for your lovely comments and messages following my post yesterday. I especially loved the quote Leigh, from Brabourne Farm, mentioned: "It's never too late to be who you might have been" (George Eliot). So true Leigh. This is so far from Paediatric Dietetics..... but it feels so right. I must admit, I am looking at trigonometry and calculus through different, wiser, 'more life experienced' eyes!...question is: are you ready to do this with me? Might get a bit tedious.....I'll try to make it exciting. I am very excited about the fact that I get to scrabble around on building sites with a hard hat on, wear steel capped boots, learn how to do a site survey, learn how to do CAD drawings, design timber frames, bracing, tie downs (oh how I would have liked to know more about all this 12 months ago!).

Right, I'm off to do my 'Morning Maths'. I am going to set aside a set block of time and find a different pretty place to sit each morning to tackle this stuff. I might even end up at the park down the road!
Have a great day.
A-M xx

Oh P.S. Message for Ian and Harry - 'good carpenters', if you are still following my blog! Subject number 4 requires me to have "intimate knowledge of timber framing techniques and terminology"..... ha! .....yikes! I will be giving you a call and possibly stalking you on whatever building site you are working on in the new year! I might have a few blonde questions for you!

11 comments:

  1. Is there CHO in Cheese??? I dare say you will have many of these moments - however it will just make you wiser.I am sure I could dig around and find my old trig set and give you a hand...or not! Very impressive Miss Am...Up and at 'em.
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I really can't believe you still keep going? I guess, I already give UP, finito...NADA. AIn't got guts and patience. So, for me, I leave to the proffs.

    You impress me and my lil fam here. Sending their sweet regards to you 4AMs...

    Lots of hugs from chilly bloggie fween §;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you A-M! If you can't beat em, join em! Watch out Brisbane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes A-M...I am impressed, good luck with the maths, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that diagram. Cos Sine and Tan. It is all coming back. Didn't understand it then probably still wouldn't now. But I guess that is what calculators are for. It is definitely using a different part of the brain.!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have acutally taken the direct opposite route of your journey. I have a degree in math and now have turned my focus to design, sewing etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy algebra batman! That's way beyond me...get that diploma though Leigh. I'm going to need a house built or a big extension put on my place at Wynnum in the next few years. I want you doing it.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a brave gal A-M, I love the idea of architecture but have no patience for the math part of it. Good luck with it and I hope all our favorite tradesmen will be willing to help you with the praticals!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!! That's so fabulous. Absolutely, it's never too late to do what you really want to do.

    xo
    candace

    ReplyDelete
  10. well done going back to study! I've thought about it too, maybe add a masters to my degree but I'm just not feeling the passion to do it. Will enjoy watching your progress, hopefully it will get me moving too!
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to do that myself but I hate the study part, good on you its never to late to follow your dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx