Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quite Simple Really


Look at this simple room makeover I found over at House and Home.


A bit of wallpaper, a new rug, bedside and bed linen (with styling)... some funky lights and 'Bob's Your Uncle'. It's not rocket science. 

I love 'Before And After's' like this.... proves that if you break it down, step by step, you can achieve a room with 'wow' factor... or in this maybe 'awww, isn't this sweet factor'...

.... and as much as I don't like the wallpaper on it's own... it works for this room. What do you think?
Photobucket
PS. I bet those lights were highly affordable, accessible and in plentiful supply.... unlike said hemisphere.
Just sayin'.

11 comments:

  1. I think the wallpaper looks great in this room together with the furniture and everything else.

    I love that expression: "Bob's Your Uncle" - but what exactly does it mean? Help a foreigner out here! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new lights A-M, but preferred the old bedding: no accounting for taste is there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I squint a little more, it's the purple florals I don't like...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too keen about sleeping up in the roof, but this room makeover is beautiful. Love the funky lights! KP

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh AM Do not mention the Southern Hemisphere Light Situation. It makes my heart sad. So unfair.

    Love that room too. It just works.

    Always wanted a room with a slopey ceiling when I was a little girl.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makeover, love the cushions on the bed and the groovy bedside lights Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted a house with sloped ceilings in the bedrooms- not sure why as my 6ft3 husband would probably find them annoying! love the symmetry of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a fan of the bedheads actually. Adore the lights. It's a tad too pretty for my but I like the general makeover. Of course lights are cheaper there. If they were actually cost effective here my house would look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the lilac touch.
    Wallpaper is so pretty.
    X
    V

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this because it proves you don't have to change everything and you don't have to spend a lot of money. Great inspiration for my poor old master bedroom..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx