Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sneak Peek


The decorations that DID survive 'The Great Decoration Box Crash, From A Great Height, Event of 2011'. Note there are not too many glass-ish ones left :(


This took a while.

The tree hadn't seen the light of day since 'The House'. It was all a bit emotional really.
I dreamt about that damn house all last night....probably because a reader emailed me to say that there is a picture of it's front door in this month's Home Beautiful.

Will reveal all tomorrow. Don't get too excited. Lots of expense has always been spared with our tree. The lights...from Woolies.... for $6.99 a tangled bunch...5 years ago...have been going strong and have not needed to be replaced.... worse luck... and I can't remember the last time I bought a decoration. Little school masterpieces just kept being added each year... although they dried up this year...they're growing up.

My bike is alive. It's in one piece. We're off on a ride into the city this morning. We're packing sandwiches, apples and juice poppers (menu requested yesterday). I think we'll plant ourselves in the Botanic Gardens and contemplate the universe. 

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Your collection looks pretty much like mine, an accumulation of different phases of childhood and school master pieces. My tree is not fancy at all, nothing matches, but it has so much work and pictures of the kids that it could float in the sky with all the love on it.
    You are way ahead of me, we only think of Christmas trees after November! But today I couldn't help myself and bought a few items to make a new wreath for the door.
    Enjoy you new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pulling out all my ornaments. It is a trip down memory lane, each one having a story behind it. Remembering who gave me this one or that one. Where I was when I bought one. I try to buy one ornament each year. Of course since my children and nieces have grown I get them one each year as well.
    I worked in retail management for a very long time. And retail will suck the joy right out of you at Holiday time. I would be so tired that I didn't bother putting up a Christmas tree. In fact one year not a single decoration could be found in my apartment. I lived a long way from my family and would spend the Holiday alone. Sitting on the couch on Christmas morning alone, without any sign of the Holiday was the most depressing thing I have ever gone through. I vowed I would always make the time to put up a tree every year from that time on.
    I am so glad you decided to put the tree up A-M, even if it was a little sad pulling out the decorations. Be sure to buy at least one new spectacular ornament this year. A start to a brand new life and new memories.
    Sending hugs
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day! Look forward to seeing your pics tomorrow. Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey A-M, have a fun day, don't forget the sunscreen its another scorcher, xx Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're going all-out with the Christmas tree. I love Christmas so much, and always got such a kick out of the excitement on my kids' faces as the tree went up.

    I do have a rule though, that the tree absolutely cannot appear before 1st December. Otherwise, I'm just a bit "over it" by the time Christmas actually rolls around.

    17 days to go... :)

    P.S. My tree came from K Mart and was super-cheap, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think a tree has to be fancy to bring you joy. I can understand it was a bit emotional but you'll have new tree memories this year. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a massive fan of the Christmas decoration. I buy a lovely one every year. Haven't got the 2011 special yet - much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck decorating A-M...Glad nt everything was broken.... xv

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting ~ I can't wait to see the reveal. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Mx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the decorations on the first pic - I never think I can find fun things like that here! The little robot was adorable - and the santa and the angels... *sigh*

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you. A-M xx